Try this new recipe designed with our meat eaters in mind that still features our USDA Certified Organic and non-GMO quinoa.
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 thick slices of smoked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed (You can use our white quinoa or our Chili and Paprika for an extra spice)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 sage sprig
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 chicken filet, cooked and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the almonds in a pie plate and toast in the oven until golden brown (about 4 minutes); let cool.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the bacon and cook over moderately high heat until the fat has rendered (about 2 minutes).
- Add the shallot to the pan with bacon and cook, stirring a few times, until softened but not browned (about 1 minute).
- Add the quinoa, stock and sage and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the stock has been absorbed (about 17 minutes).
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Discard the sage and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in the chives, parsley and toasted almonds.
- Add the cooked chicken filet sliced in small bites.
- Season the quinoa with salt and pepper and serve. ⠀