Here's another amazing Quinoa Salad with roasted peppers and tomatoes! Learn how to make this healthy, organic, and refreshing meal.
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the quinoa and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly browned (about 4 minutes).
- Add the orange juice, water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and let it cool.
- Roast the red and yellow peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning occasionally, until charred all over.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Peel and seed them and cut into 1/4-inch dice.
- In a medium skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer the pine nuts to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil with the vinegar.
- Add the quinoa, peppers, pine nuts, cucumber, tomato, basil and mint and toss well, breaking up any lumps of quinoa.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper and enjoy!